When you were pregnant, did you ever catch yourself saying “you will never understand” or “I wish you could be in my shoes for a day!”. I am sure you did! At the end of the day; no man will ever get it. I believe that females are the stronger sex. I could go on about it forever, but think about it yourself; time of the month, breastfeeding, pregnancy, labour & delivery, waxing, hair treatments. I remember a funny magnet I saw when I was younger. It was something like this… “Have you ever noticed that all of women’s problems start with “MEN”??: MENstruation, MENstrual cramps, MENopause, MENtal anxiety, MENtal breakdowns, GUYnecologist, HISterectomy. I know the spelling on the last 2 is completely off, but it’s still funny!
Now back to the purpose of this blog; a bit of laughter imagining life if Men were the ones who got pregnant…
* If Men Got Pregnant… Maternity leave would last two years….with full pay.
* If Men Got Pregnant… There would be a cure for stretch marks.
* If Men Got Pregnant… Natural childbirth would become obsolete.
* If Men Got Pregnant… Morning sickness would rank as the nation’s #1 health problem.
* If Men Got Pregnant… All methods of birth control would be 100% effective.
* If Men Got Pregnant… Children would be kept in the hospital until toilet trained.
* If Men Got Pregnant… Men would be eager to talk about commitment.
* If Men Got Pregnant… They wouldn’t think twins were so cute.
* If Men Got Pregnant… Sons would have to be home from dates by 10:00 PM.
* If Men Got Pregnant… Briefcases would be used as diaper bags.
* If Men Got Pregnant… Paternity suits would be a fashion line of clothes.
* If Men Got Pregnant… They’d stay in bed during the entire pregnancy.
* If Men Got Pregnant… Restaurants would include ice cream and pickles as main entrees.
* If Men Got Pregnant… They’d have to stop saying, “I’m afraid I’ll drop him”.
* If Men Got Pregnant… Women would rule the world.
I know, I know… a little ridiculous. And men could never handle the emotional, physical and mental toll pregnancy and child birth can take on you. But it would be nice if they could do it for half of the time right? Got anymore to add to the list?
Some funny links below: